Tuesday 17 July 2012

The Lord of The Rings Official Trailer review.

Movie: The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey
Year of Production: 2011
Country: Rest of the world
Directors: Peter Jackson
Cast: Andy Serkis, Benedict Cumberbatch, Cate Blanchett, Christopher Lee, Elijah Wood, Martin Freeman, Orlando Bloom, Sir Ian McKellen, Stephen Fry.

This is one of the few unexpected trailer reviews I would say I have done so far. Who knew there would be another installation into The Lord of The Rings? Yet, the trailer reveals so little about the upcoming movie, and the fact that there will be no Frodo Baggins (Elijah Wood), Aragorn (Viggo Mortensen) or Sam (Sean Astin) lowers the optimistic output TLoD fans would want to give, but look at the bright side, Gandalf (Ian McKellen) and Gollum (Andy Serkis) will be there for nostalgia's sake.
The trailer introduces to us a young Bilbo Baggins (Martin Freeman) and a group of dwarves with only one familiar face in the group. The trailer shows what the plot will be all about; a group of dwarves trying to reclaim their lost home. The trailer brings nostalgia when you see Gandalf is a part of the story and plays a major role in the outcome, and even more nostalgia when at the ending of the trailer, you hear that eerie echo, "Precious", hitting you back into replay mode some ten years ago. Yes, Gollum is back!
The trailer shows that the movie's characters are interesting, the story is interesting, nostalgia is guaranteed and whoever watches this movie will like it, if not by my own opinion, will love it. A movie you will not miss, I promise you that.
Brian.

Comment. Tell me what you think about the trailer and if it can "beat" or meet up to the level of the last TLoD movie! I'd like to know! Thanks to Barry for giving me the link to this awesome trailer.

2 comments:

  1. You said it yourself, coolness is in the genetics. I think it will be good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think They're just pushing it now. It should've ended with the trilogy.. I mean, why make another chapter for a dead community?? People have already moved on from Lord of the rings. I don't know what to expect from the movie but I hope they will be able to bring back the tlod community/

    ReplyDelete